On Sunday 18th September 10:00am-4:30pm the second Fratton Family Festival is coming to the south end of Fratton Road.
It's going to be a day of activity, entertainment and music, with local shops open and a street market in the road.
Come along and try circus skills or Mexican food. Watch local young people perform or make a mask. Listen to a band or try a dance class. This is the day to enjoy your road in a different way!
You can be part of it too by
For more information contact Anna on:
Fratton Road will be closed to traffic from 6:00am-10:00pm below Lucknow Street to above Garnier Street to allow for set up and clear up. There will also be no access by vehicle to Fratton Road via Cornwall Road, Somers Road North or Penhale Road.
To ensure a fun and family friendly day the Fratton Family Festival will be an 'alcohol free' event. This means that while you can drink in the two local pubs as usual, no alcohol can be taken into the road to drink and none will be sold there. Local publicans, our security staff and the police are all committed to helping this happen.
The Fratton Family Festival is being run by Fratton Big Local in association with the Fratton Traders Association for the benefit of the area.
We hope that you will come along and enjoy this special local day!
Fratton Big Local has been given £1 million by the Big Lottery Fund to spend over the next 10 years, and we want to use it so that the community of Fratton will:
- Become better at working together to deal with any issues
- Have more confidence and skills – as people and as a community
- Feel proud of where they live
- Make a real, lasting difference to the area
Fratton Big Local will make a real, lasting difference to Fratton and help create a community that is empowered, sticks together and can deal with its issues effectively.
We’ve spoken to many people in Fratton to find out what people would like us to do. We’re going to carry on talking to residents to make sure we’re on the right track and to keep in touch with any new issues that might come up. This is what you told us needs doing:
- Making Fratton an attractive destination
- Improving and making the best use of the green space available
- Developing & improving community life
- Working with people to help them think about what they want, hope & need
- Breaking down barriers and involving the whole community